The Bridge Awards for Playwriting and Screenwriting
The Bridge Awards for Playwriting and Screenwriting are open to all persons who are currently serving or have served in the United States military, regardless of age, experience, or background. These Awards will seek to identify and encourage talented playwrights and screenwriters from the military community. First time writers are encouraged to apply, and the Awards are particularly interested in elevating and celebrating underrepresented voices and stories. The Awards will give aspiring playwrights and screenwriters with a military background the resources and mentorship to advance their visions and refine their work. They will encourage members of the military community to conceive themselves as artists and to tell their important and powerful stories.
- Submissions for The Bridge Award for Screenwriting will be accepted from December 1, 2020 until January 1, 2021.
- Submissions for The Bridge Award for Playwriting will be accepted from December 1, 2021 until January 1, 2022.
Student Veteran Internship Program
AITAF is committed to providing work and learning opportunities to veterans currently enrolled full-time in a college or university. By offering a summer housing stipend comparable to what a student might receive as part of the GI Bill, AITAF aims to create a rigorous, competitive program that offers a unique opportunity for a summer intern to relocate to New York City for the duration of the internship.
AITAF is committed to providing work and learning opportunities to veterans currently enrolled full-time in a college or university. There are 3 core components to the program structure:
- Engaging in AITAF's work by playing a key role in the daily activities of a small non-profit, and assisting with external events on military bases and other facilities
- Completion and oversight of at least one internal project that enables AITAF to enact our mission more effectively
- Networking with AITAF's partners and meeting with key players in the veteran recruiting space
- Currently enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate university program
- Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a commitment to high-quality output
- Ability to quickly develop relationships with other veterans and veteran coordinators
- Record of academic excellence. Smart, logical, and creative thinker
To be considered, please submit the following materials by August 20, 2021:
- Cover Letter
- 500 word essay: How did the arts serve you while in and/or out of the military?
- Three (3) references: Name, Position, Organization, Phone Number and Email